Solar streetlights is a stand-alone solar system consisting of 5 main parts: solar panel, LED lamp, rechargeable battery, controller and pole. Solar lights installed in windy regions are generally equipped with a wind turbine to take advantage of the winds.
These solar lighting systems offer an environment friendly and economical option to light up streets, boulevards, highways, yards, compounds, parks, boundary walls, car parking areas, military and civilian security installations, airports, ports or indeed, any public space.
Solar panels mounted on the top of the pole convert sunlight into electricity charging a deep cycle battery, which powers a LED lamp during the night. A solar controller/regulator ensures that the battery is charged in the most effective manner and not overcharged. The controller senses when the sun goes down and turns on the light. The controller can be programmed to run the light all night, or for the required time duration. The controller also protects the battery from over discharge.
Our stand alone solar powered lighting offers the following benefits:
- Hot-dip galvanised poles
- Multiple options from 30W through to 80W
- Fully automatic operation
- Components are modular for easy future replacement and maintenance
- Solar street lights are independent of theutility grid. Hence, the operation costs are minimized.
- Solar street lights require much less maintenance compared to conventional street lights.
- Since external wires are eliminated, risk of accidents is minimized.
- This is a non polluting source of electricity
- Separate parts of solar system can be easily carried to the remote areas